View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 10:40 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

I was there from 10-7 yesterday. The Cleveland floor/food/spacing is significantly better than Chicago and Baltimore Nationals. While the IX Center is not attached to the airport or any hotel, it's five mins away and not a problem to get back and forth. I'd pick Cleveland ahead of the other cities just for the actual floor walking experience. The hotels are dumps but adequate if you're mostly there to see cards. Nearby restaurants are fine+ for dinner.

I didn't see much extraordinarily different material than what I'm used to from other Nationals but pretty much you can find something you want or need.

Just picked up a couple of items: a Seattle Pilots ashtray which I'm giddy about and this Hoss Radbourn Red Stockings Cigar card from Glen Mechanick who, year in and out, has the most interesting cards/material on the floor and is a pleasure to speak to and deal with (a pearl before swine in the dealer pool).

Spent some time with Brian Dwyer of REA who is a serious, hard-working dude. Head and shoulders ahead of what you'd expect from an auction house owner these days, Joe T and Dan McKee who are always great to see, and Deplorable Dewolf who took me out for some great dinners. I'm looking forward to next year in Chicago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Radbourn red stocking.jpg (67.8 KB, 1075 views)

Last edited by calvindog; 08-02-2018 at 10:42 AM.