View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 08:16 AM
Kev1n @1les

Thanks for the update. I am driving over tomorrow from Pittsburgh. I went in '14 and to AC in '16. The AC trip was a disappointment as I felt that I got through everything in half of a day. I was trying to decide if I wanted to deal with tolls, gas and admission to look at cards at nose bleed prices. I finally relented as I figured it would be no different than going to the baseball hall of fame - as I will look at my favorite cards and memorabilia and take some pictures.

How things have changed for me... In '14, we did two days with a hotel mixed in. I took the boys. We had backpacks full of stuff to trade or sell (we didn't end up getting rid of anything and ended up taking it back to the car and putting it in the trunk). I bought a few things that I didn't need at prices that I justified by the fact that I had the cards in hand.

I didn't even go to the Strongsville or Pittsburgh shows this year. I am in a unique spot where the want list right now is narrow but not rare - so they are always available, it is just a matter of when I want to pull the trigger.

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set