Thread: Bvg thoughts???
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 06:40 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
Nice secure holder, great at catching counterfeits, terrible at finding alterations, terrible resale value, tough storage of holders. Not sure where the idea of PSA going down hill is coming from I think they have actually improved quiet a bit over the past several years. They are far more consistent than they used to be, though much tighter. BVG has graded far to many trimmed and or sheet cut cards (percentage wise) for me to ever have any faith in their grading abilities. In fact I think they suck as graders but they are good authenticators and there holders are secure as can be.
Agree on the holder., very secure. As I said, I think BVG has some of the best graders in the business. The other graders in the business, whom I have spoken with, think so too. That said, you really don't know what you are talking about with respect to BVG current grading. If you did you wouldn't think the way you do.

ps...I will add that cards in BVG holders don't bring the money of others but that is due to marketing and their old practices which were company mandated (grading sheet cut cards). Sort of like the "hand cut" caveat on all strip cards from SGC, even ones clearly not hand cut. BVG marketing and management leaves a bit to be desired too.

Last edited by Leon; 09-15-2017 at 07:11 AM.