View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 09:24 PM
Bob McLean

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreader3 View Post
Okay will you issue a formal apology on Net54 when the Cards settle or are convicted?

"New York Times: The Federal Bureau of Investigation and U.S. federal prosecutors are investigating the St. Louis Cardinals baseball team for hacking into the computers of the Houston Astros to steal closely guarded information about player personnel, The New York Times reported on Tuesday.

Compromised information includes internal discussions about trades, proprietary statistics and scouting reports, the Times reported, citing law enforcement officials.

There is evidence that officials of the Cardinals, who won the 2006 and 2011 World Series and are one of the sport's most respected franchises, broke into a network of special databases, the report said."

Look, I used to like the Cards and I don't even really like NYT but you gotta face facts.

"Mr. Whoever You Are." -- Yeah, I'm just another guy in the peanut gallery. Proceed.
Well, I hate the media granted title of Best Fans in Baseball. Stupidest thing I have ever heard of in my life. I didn't hack anyone, maybe they did, maybe they didn't. I won't apologize for anything because I didn't do anything. As far as most respected franchises and all than nonsense I know nothing about the perceptions of other fan bases about the Cardinals other than a few teams fan bases totally hating the Cardinals.

I grew up in a time dominated totally and completely by the New York Yankees. Everyone was taught to hate the Yankees because nobody could beat them.

To a degree the success of the Cardinals in recent years has caused some hate in the old Yankee style, from fans in pockets of the country such as Los Angeles and Chicago. You can throw in Kansas City in our own state due to their thirty year slump and the Cardinals fans filling half empty Kaufman Stadium during their down years. So I get the hate. I just don't get the glee from certain individuals about this coming to light.

Just keep repeating to yourself Best Fans in Baseball/Cardinal Way over and over till you are in a stupor and maybe you will see the light. I will still be laughing about those media produced labels. But I will not lose a bunch of sleep over what other fan bases think either. Good luck with your favorite team, hope the Cardinals haven't caused embarrassment for you or them.