View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 12:50 AM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

I don't think the FBI's "presence" is having an adverse impact on the market--one could argue that it should have a positive impact, if anything, as it at the very least gives the perception that someone is looking out for those who buy sports cards.

I do not track the super high grade (post war 9s and 10s) or low population post war cards but watch most other aspects of the market and agree with Bruce's research. Prices are down across the board, some areas have been harder hit than others, simply from a lack of credit, lack of liquidity, lack of confidence in an economic recovery and the basic realization that what most of us were worth in 2008 is not what we are worth now.

Pricing is somewhat unpredictable at this time due to limited resources. There are fewer people willing or able to be significant under bidders at this time. So while the winners of these cards maybe willing to spend more, there are not enough real bidders underneath them to drive up the prices. Most people are being much more cautious.

I see much of the same continuing through 2011 and just hoping it does not get much worse. Unlike the US stock market, the card market is accurately reflecting the economic landscape.