View Single Post
Old 08-28-2002, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Default Slabbed and altered vintage cards

Posted By: B C Daniels

that went south ala me and dad!

I explained that I restore things-hotwheels & paintings primarily. I had a jewelry business for 14 years and learned how to work with small restorations and castings ect.......I only worked on a handful of cards to see how good the new grading company (SGC ) was.End of story.I have never sold a restored and graded card to anyone......

MY common ground with Koos is that we have the same great grandmother...we were both taken for a financial ride by Moser and Von Dole ( who are the guys selling all the PRO cards ). I got taken in an exact opposite manner of Koos! he bought stuff misrepresented to him and the same guys reversed charges on a sale after keeping a couple of Cobb T-206's ( raw,not altered or graded)and stuck me with a loss on cards they received and sold later ( as in stop payment on their check after I sent them the cards)

I wanted "Richard" to alien with me to pursue legal action against them but as i mentioned in a previous post ( though dan M tells us otherwise*) the fed's nor the DA wanted anything to do with deals concerning collectibles because all value of any collectible is arbitrary!

I called Joe Merkle ( founder of SBC AND SGC* ),told him I sent in some stuff I worked on when I got it back......and we discussed it! That is it....no sale,no money,no deal from previous owner...... that's it. I know nothing about what PSA has graded that may be altered because I do not and would not send anything to them because i do not like there grading and heard too many stories about switched cards........that's it.it's not that complicated and the guy above alleging legal action and the ATF coming down on me and so on is a bunch of non-sense. As if they don't have other things to deal with.......
I have absolutely nothing to do in anyway with the two PRO graded cards Richard (Koos) has....he thought when he purchased those cards that all grading services are a like I think. There are not tons and tons of certified altered cards all over the universe...but of course there are probably a small percentage.......heck,isn't that partially what the grading service is fo to dected sich things? if they fail it's because they do not have the expertese to do the very job you pay them for..to grade cards! So if they can't,they need to create another business.