View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 03:33 PM
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjulmag View Post
I am sure in the 24 years Mr. Mancusi has been a NYPD forensic artist he many times had occassion in his line of work to analyze mid-19th century daguerreotypes of current crime suspects.
Exactly what illusionary effects unique to dags are present that would explain the specific gross differences apparent in the above images?

On p. 29 I said:
As to lighting and head angle, again there is no explanation given as to of how this would cause the observed feature differences. It is as if the differing light sources or small differences in head angle exhibited in these photos would magically change the apparent shape of numerous key features in a way we could not understand. However, the differences seen here cannot just be dismissed as illusions. If that contention is true, we should easily be able to find such multiple feature differences among clear photos of the same player from the many thousands of available early ballplayer images. I contend that such a find would be at least extremely rare.

Please tell us how the dag process or hand tinting can, for example, change the shape of the lower edge of the upper lid in these two clearly open eyes from subjects C and A. This feature is apparent in all the subject A images.

Last edited by bmarlowe1; 11-26-2011 at 03:46 PM. Reason: photobucket problem corrected