Thread: ACC update
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Default ACC update

Posted By: Glen V

With the majority of collectors buying newer cards, most people don't care about ACC #s. Even with vintage collectors, the majority stick with the more common issues, like T206, Goudeys, and Crackerjacks. Most will never care that a Crackerjack is an E card, and some might even think T206 is the name of a card set (which it has sort of become). And most issues, catalogued or not, are easier to refer to by name than some obscure number.

That being said, if there ever was a group that could extend the ACC, this board certainly has a strong enough voice to attempt it. Throw in some help from Old Cardboard and SCD, it it certainly could happen.

Of course, there would probably be some tough choices. First, the ACC wasn't just for baseball cards. How high do the numbers go for some issues? Past 900? Would people want an E-1001? There has been discussion about a few issues as to whether they are "cards" or not. Who would decide? Would all the baseball cards be catalogued? Or just vintage baseball? Or just N, T, R, & E issues?

I know a few people would love to have the ACC updated, but I don't think enough people care. Good luck to anyone who takes on the challenge. I'm sure plenty of people on the board would be happy to help.