View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 03:39 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjohnsonsoxfan View Post
Sorry man this is not true. I'm dialed into quite a few big facebook groups for modern and the modern guys LOVE BGS over PSA. The collective thinking is that it's much harder to cross PSA 10's over to BGS 9.5's (or 10's) so the grading must be better and for modern the sub grades are crucial to help differentiate. I noticed this big time at the Natty where a good 75% of all modern cards I saw were BGS vs. PSA.
Go compare Trout rookies or anything else you want on ebay, then report back. PSA 10s sell at a substantial advantage to BGS 9.5s. I don't know the market for one off weird basketball inserts and the like so if you're talking about that or autographs, fine, you could be right, but on your basic superstar rookies and variations, PSA is winning from what I see.

PS from what I know guys buy 9.5s (quads mostly) to try to cross them to PSA 10s. Not the other way around.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-29-2018 at 03:45 PM.