Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2023, 04:10 PM

Default Introduction

I'm happy to join this forum and have heard a lot about it from my collecting friends. I'm excited to search around in here and learn more about the cards we all love. I am a young vintage collector (24). I got into collecting when I was around 10-12 years old. I always have been a vintage collector. At that young age I would go on ebay and buy cards like 1964 topps giants and 1958 topps all stars. Perfect cards to introduce me into the vintage world. I recently got back into the hobby about 1.5 years ago as I was wrapping up my senior year in college. I am from Atlanta, GA, so Hank Aaron has always been my favorite player to collect growing up. I was very happy to acquire his 1954 topps card about a year ago. Today, Jackie Robinson is my favorite player to collect. I love how he transcends sports and baseball to a level maybe no one else has. My favorite years to collect also coincide with his career 1948-1956. I love color on cards and artwork, so I naturally gravitate to this time period. I also love the "oversized" topps cards from 1952-1956. Seeing these big cards next to the smaller bowman counterparts really make me understand how topps was able to capture the market share and monopolize the card industry for a long time. I often buy and sell cards to supplement my collecting like many others. I was able to work my way up into a 1948 Leaf Jackie Robinson PSA 6 this year, and it is currently my favorite card.

It is good to meet everyone and I hope to learn more from all the experienced collectors here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1948 Leaf Jackie Robinson PSA 6 Front.jpg (196.0 KB, 199 views)