View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 07:55 PM
Kenny Cole

Glad I had a couple of cocktails before I read this thread. Drunk or sober I am vehemently opposed to cutting up the old guides. I understand that those who own them can do what they want, which is almost always true with regard to whatever someone owns. I suppose that if those who own a great work of art decide to cut it up or spray paint it, they have that right too. That certainly doesn't justify doing it.

When someone destroys something with societal or historical value, it seems to me that the equation should change. IMO, when things like that occur, we are all lessened as a society. In that regard, I am, to say the least, troubled by the fact that some people who purportedly "agree" with the sentiment that it should not occur basically then say that they don't give a shit when it actually happens because the owner can do what they want with it. That is both disingenuous and inconsistent.

It nauseates every time I see a cut out advertised. I will never buy one and if I know that you cut up a guide, I probably won't buy anything else from you, ever, because I think you suck. Others may feel differently, and they certainly have the right to do so. But that's my take.