Thread: Ebay vs Net54
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 12:11 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
what about 10% coupons they offer..from time to time which you can also use with your ebay bucks multiples and also you pay by credit card and not gift so you get cash back on credit card too...8% ebay bucks plus 10% coupon plus 1.5-2% cashback on credit card i think is more than 'really all that much' and may cause a buyer to prefer an ebay purchase in that situation..
Exactly!

And I'll include another scenario too. Let’s say I have my eye on one of Scott’s cards and it’s $400 in his eBay store. He’s willing to sell it to me for $360 outside of eBay since he doesn’t have to pay the 10% final value fee (I don’t know if 10% is right or not, just using that number).

I get an email from eBay offering 4X eBay bucks for the next two days. So, now I can buy the card for $360 from him directly, or I can buy it on eBay and get $32 in eBay Bucks, basically costing me $368. Well, I want the card really bad, but I’m a little short this month because I had a major card repair. But, I can purchase it through eBay, use PayPal Credit to finance it interest free for 90 days (or 6 months – whichever it is) and get it now instead of having to wait because I’m short on funds. Make sense?

So, I paid $8 more buying it on eBay rather than directly through Scott. On the other hand, I got to keep my money in my pocket a little longer and pay for it when it was more convenient.

There are a lot of factors that come in to play here.