View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I think it's always a bit sad when a collector sells his collection. Bill has always been nice to me so that is the way I treat him too. If he did something wrong then let the justice system handle it. As for the long ago comment about "well, if someone shill bid you how could you be friendly with them?" I would say to that, that if I was targeted then yes, I would be very unhappy and sever the friendship. If it was a blanket issue and everyone was targeted, then I can still be friendly with that person but they will have to make restitution and pay their dues. I am sure some will take this all the wrong way and make jokes and sarcasm. That is ok too. If that is what gives someone enjoyment then more power to them. On a personal note it will be interesting to see what the Horner League Compostite goes for. From the small screenshot shown I would say mine is comparable, so it should be interesting. I wish Bill the best......

As for the selection of auction houses....a foregone conclusion. Legendary will do well with it.
This isn't a comment on who might have done what in the case of Mastro Auctions but more of a general rule of mine: I assume that if I'm truly friends with someone, and they decide to engage in an activity in which they take advantage of people, I'll be spared because of that friendship. Otherwise I don't think they consider me a friend at all but rather just another mark/sucker.

(That's 100 percent sarcasm free, by the way.)

Last edited by Rob D.; 09-08-2010 at 05:44 PM.