Thread: Untitled
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2002, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Default Untitled

Posted By: Trevor Hocking

Hey Adam,
I thought all in all the L.A. show was good for me. It was really nice to meet face-to-face with some of the people on this board. I really don't get the chance to see who I'm chatting with, but I was pleasently surprised. The Hollywood Park show suprised me as well. The display that TIK put out should be in the Hall of Fame! You should ask to see the cards he hides in the back. His prices are quite high, but when you are looking for that impossible card he will be sure to have it, alone with something else you didn't know excisted. I ended up getting some really nice N172's for what I thought was a fair price. Like most dealers, never take his sticker prices as the final, and always buy in groups. The bigger the lot the better the savings. Terry has always been really fair with me over the years. I think some of his high sticker prices are just so he can have a lot of room to discount down to fair market value on some item's and on the rarer item's, well just try to find another one for sale!!!
I did finish my 53 Topps set EX or better at the show on Saterday, Sweeeeeet Those high #'s are a pain. It was nice to meet you Adam along with the other's that I had to good fortune to run in to.
Happy Collecting!
Trevor