View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 05:05 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
I've had the same crap happen to me. I learned the trick though, even if ebay won't protect you, you can protect yourself through paypal.

Set your paypal account to only accept payment from verified US accounts.

Now, when I have an international bidder win one of my auctions, I do nothing. I file a non paying bidder claim after two days, then four days later you can close the case and get your fees refunded.

They have no way to pay you from an international paypal account, and if there's no record of payment, ebay will close the case in your favor. They can't leave negative feedback since they are a non paying bidder and they get a non paying bidder strike as well.

Maybe next time they'll learn to read the "US only" part of the description. The only thing you're out, is your time.

Oh, and the "buyer" will typically send you multiple emails begging you to change your paypal settings. I just ignore them and do not communicate with them at all under any circumstances.
I wish there were clearer instructions from the sellers when they list their cards.

I mean, what does "May not ship to Canada" mean? Either put "Does not ship to Canada" or "Ships to Canada or Internationally"

I have asked a few sellers, and the sellers say they are not allowed to edit their listings?? Seems odd but more than a few have told me that.