View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 09:07 AM

Default Letter to george and other "haters"--ali (cont.)

Thank you to several of you who so eloquently responded to George and a few of the haters regarding Ali. I would like to skip over his boxing feats as well as the issue of refusing to go in the military to kill innocent non-white people and instead ask George and the other "haters" the following....Please take the multiple choice test below, representing a FRACTION of what he accomplished
*** Ali did the following ..which have you done???????????? ( if you did something even close , you can count it!!)

a) Gone to Lebanon in 1985 and secured the release of 4 American hostages
b) Go to Iraq in 1990 and secure release of 15 American hostages
c) Raise over $120 million for Barrow Neurological Inst (Phoenix,Az)
d) Go to NUMEROUS Children's hospitals (too numerous to list)
e) Go to soup kitchens to help!
f) Save a person on a window ledge about to commit suicide
g) Brought 5 TONS of food , clothing and medicne to help Catholic nun's rescue efforts for Liberian refugees
h) Supported Make-A wish foundation, Jeff Gordon Children's Foundation, Special Olympics, Beat Bullying, Buoniconti Fund for Paralysis, UNICEF, and dozens and dozens of others
i) Honored by Amnesty Int'l, UN Messenger of Peace, Presidential Medal of Freedom ( among dozens of others!)
j) After beating Foreman in Zaire, sits on porch stoop with children doing magic tricks for them
k)HAND DELIVERED food and medical supplies to many many countries around the world!
l) spontaneously gets on a bus carrying disabled children in '92 to sign autographs and make them laugh
m) ALL OF THE ABOVE
n) NONE OF THE ABOVE (hint--this is the correct answer for most of us, incl George)

Ali--you were my hero, the greatest of ALL TIME!