Thread: More eBay Fraud
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 10:42 AM

Being a movie collector myself, I did some research into this particular area. This is different than the usual clickbait articles about things being valuable because of high Ebay BINs. The Beauty and the Beast Classics one is the one that had sold (marked sold, not just BIN) from multiple sellers for multi-thousand dollar prices. I believe that at least one was marked sold (not best offer accepted) prior to that TechCrunch article also. That is where this started.

It is unlike that Amazon auto-pricing thing that happened a few years ago which effected common items.

I do believe that price fixing is definately done using Ebay and Amazon by listing at high prices. However the only reason an item would be marked as sold in such a condition would be when the price fixer is about to sell the actual item. Then there is a selling history. But anyone operating in the secondary market for any type of item would know that the average price is what determines value, not the top price. This is mostly due to the fact that people DO overpay for items from time to time due to various reasons, and it is done in a way where there is no scam involved.

The most common trend I see on Ebay is that people will list BINs at double value and will accept a BO at 40-50%.