View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 05:35 AM
Administrator

Default GAI - Global Authentication

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

I think they are relatively reasonable with their grading. I certainly wouldn't call them inferior--ESPECIALLY to BVG who I think has few clues on pre-war cards. Some of the stuff I've seen in BVG holders is ridiculous including reprint cracker jacks to name one instance. I do think the cigarette pack grading, unopened pack and box grading is a little silly too.

Anyway, this site is primarily for pre-war cards and the general concensus on the site is that SGC is the best grader of vintage pre-war cards. Others may say PSA or GAI but a quick poll would probably put at least 60-70 percent of the people here with SGC first.

Beckett is fine if you're dealing with 1980 and up cards and they do seem to command a price premium for a Beckett 9.5 versus a PSA10. Don't know that that really says much for either company although the buying public seems to be willing to pay a little to a lot more for the BGS 9.5.

The thing that I think cheapens the whole Beckett line is that BCCG crap that they put out to fill the Shop At Home orders and sell crap on their website. I've seen T206's that were graded BCCG5 and BCCG6 that had SEVERE creases, missing chunks, etc. That is misleading and borders on fraud if you ask me.

Anyway, I found it odd that you didn't even mention SGC in any of your notes. Your thoughts on them? You pictured a couple of SGC cards on your website.