View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 07:03 PM
Rob

Default Bobbing heads that shouldn't exist...BUT DO!!

I have four bobbing head dolls in my Giants collection that are uncatalogued. The story I have heard is that the dolls were made by Lego, a Swiss firm, and then sent to Japan for paint and assembly. I am convinced my "phantom" nodders are the result of breakage of heads and bodies and were put together IN JAPAN from leftover pieces and parts. In the photos below, the hybrid dolls are in the center, flanked by catalogued dolls from whence the parts came.

A green square base, made from a white base, embossed "GIANTS" body and color base head. Square bases were never green and green bases were always round.

The one I just picked up with a green or gold base head and a Seattle Raniers body. The Tacoma doll shown has an embossed body, the Seattle does not. The sleeves match up to the Seattle doll, as well. The PCL nodders all have the lower glove.

A green round base with a white base head. This cap sideways head should only appear on the white bases. I have seen this same nodder with a bat, intead of the ball and glove.

A green base body with the color base head with the embossed hat.

Do you other bobbing head guys have any amalgamations to show???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-04-20 07.40.05.jpg (74.1 KB, 483 views)
File Type: jpg 2017-04-20 07.38.04.jpg (68.9 KB, 480 views)
File Type: jpg 2017-04-20 07.41.56.jpg (71.6 KB, 483 views)
File Type: jpg 2017-04-20 07.43.21.jpg (71.0 KB, 478 views)