View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 12:44 PM
D@ve R1cks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugginsandscott View Post
One thing we cannot do is say that he is "in uniform" in this picture. He is one only a handful of the 173 people in an overcoat (while most are in full uniform). He is wearing a hat, but that could have been given to him for the purpose of the photo. We are running this photo because we believe it is "Shoeless" Joe Jackson. There is evidence to support that he toured various military operations in and around the Mid-Atlantic area following his tenure in the Bethlehem Steel League and prior to Spring Training of 1919.
The photo is certainly a type 1 period photo from Camp Meade, MD and it's dated December 4, 1918.

I would be curious if Mike Nola has any documentation showing that Jackson was back in South Carolina by early December, however I would suspect that would be very difficult to obtain. It is in our opinion that the man in the back of that photograph is Joe Jackson; hence we are offering it as such.
thanks,
Josh Wulkan
Huggins and Scott Auctions
I am a latecomer to this thread, but wow, just wow...

After the "Partial Possible T206 Wagner" back and other debacles I have stopped supporting H&S.

This kind of garbage just reinforces that was the correct decision.

Come on H&S! You guys should be absolutely embarrassed of yourselves.

I do appreciate the comedy, though. Makes my workday more entertaining.