View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 06:30 AM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVAJOY91 View Post
I posted this magnificent 1909 world championship pirates photo back in july around the same time i posted the shoeless joe jackson military panoramic photo. I asked net54 members back in july to help me identify both photos. No one at that time paid any attention to the posts. One member comment yesterday said that "every photo i post i see someone famous" i ask that member where was he back in july? If i had the many comments on the joe jackson panoramic photo i wouldn't have consigned to huggins & scott. But again, no comment back then. Well here is another photo i posted back in july that will be auctioned by huggins & scott. Does everyone see the great honus wagner? Let me know what you experts think. I can still pull it even though this exact photo sold at auction in 2007 for $3,000. Thank you as always for any help you can provide. Regards, michael calvello
I wasn't even a member in July but you seem to be suggesting that it is the duty of forum members to do free research for you and that it is their fault for not informing you in July that your photo was bogus. There's a big difference between someone saying hey have a look at this than the scrutiny an item receives when it ends up in a major auction house with a hefty price tag. Marlowe and others who are experts in their field don't have time to inspect every marginal piece that shows up on the board and we are all lucky they take the time they do to educate us all on such subjects. The Pittsburgh Pirates piece is great, I hope you do well with it.