Thread: Where do I go?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 03:39 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeMarzo View Post
I have several cards that I have picked up, graded, etc. I have been trying to get more into this as I have taken interest in owning a hobby shop. I have a friend who's willing to sell his to me.

My thing is I want to develop a following, or network. I can get just about any card that someone may want, plus I have a lot of my own personal ones.

I have started on EBay. Doing pretty good. I know this is a learning experience & I cherish greatly.

I have so many cool cards but not everything needs to be running through EBay, know what I mean? Are there other places, people might suggest..

I know Facebook, not quite sure how to get Twitter or Instagram marketing. That seems like a lot.
If it is going to be a business make sure you have a business(tax) license and keep very good records of every card you buy and sell. It is a lot more work than most people think. After the first year when I was dealing cards I hired an accountant to do all the paper work. It is expensive but well worth it for me. Laws are different everywhere but where i live if you sell even 1 card you have to declare it as income even if you are not doing it as a business. I would guess at least 99% of people selling cards are doing it illegally.

One of the biggest tips I can give is use eBay to advertise, it is not for selling the majority of your stuff on the site.