View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 07:58 AM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

I probably won about 10 cards from Rick over the past couple years and was happy with the prices I paid. When I put a max bid in, its usually not the max i'm willing to pay for the card. Usually I don't win and get outbid but for the ones I do win, I won at great prices. Rick does tend to get higher prices on his auctions so if your a last second bidder that bids double what your willing to pay, don't be surprised if you end up over paying. If you are usually the first bidder and put a high bid amount in, i'm sure your bid will be bumped up to its max. I do believe Rick has nothing to do with the bids in question. I do believe some of the consigners are doing it so they get top dollar and not lose any money. The biggest problem is that ebay alows so many bid retractions. I've been on ebay for 14 years and never did even one bid retraction. Retractions should only be allowed to be fixed by ebay customer service and I guaranty after you deal with their customer service, you'd never do a retraction again. As far as PSA overgrading some cards, they do, they also undergrade some. What everyone has to remember, the grade is just someone's opinion. It even says that on the PSA website. Most of us here on this board know when something has been overgraded and thats good but the few that don't and only see a number inside a piece of plastic, thats when it gets bad. If everyone keeps buying the card and not the holder, there shouldn't be a problem. Lets see where the bidding ends for the Kirb White and if people are still buying the holder.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11