View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankh8147 View Post
Out of curiosity, why do you think that? Not to argue but I thought the lower population cards were going up in value because of the PSA population reports.

I've seen steady appreciation from the higher graded cards but when I see the crazy jumps in value on the Cobb rookies, rare back T206's, and even that Michael Jordan Precious Metals auction being discussed in the other thread, it makes me think that Aaron might have some potential.

Disclaimer- I own a Johnston's Cookie Aaron.
Because people collect rookie cards, so they are going to want Aaron's rookie card, 1954 Topps, not a regional. I collect Clemente and there are really tough cards of his that I would rather have than a rookie card, but they will never come close to the RC value. Under valued cards have a tendency to stay under valued. Stick with the main stream issues of Mantle and top Rookie Cards from the era, Jackie Robinson, Willie Mays, Hark Aaron, Roberto Clemente & Sandy Koufax.

In your examples, Cobb rookies - rookie card of one of the game's greatest player, t206 - the hobby's most popular set and Jordan PMG Green - one of the rarest 90's inserts of the biggest name in modern cards. There is nothing under the radar from any of those cards. The only one close are the Cobb PC and that is due to the acceptance of Cobb PCs as RCs when there was no consensus before.