View Single Post
Old 10-21-2022, 07:44 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorednw View Post
Buy what you like? Well now that's just too broad as I have way too many interests. That's my first problem.

Hence why I have even contemplated spreading the 15K around and picking off 5, 10, even 20 cards that appeal to me, am actively trying to persue to complete projects, etc.

Investment isn't the end all here, but I would hope that something beautiful, rare and in demand would appreciate.
Most of us have a list that we keep. For some of us, the list grows every year, even when we pick up a lot of the things on the list.

If I were you, I’d take some time to ponder what you want to have on your list. Make it as long or as short as you like, and start with the stuff at the top of the list.

There’s no right or wrong answers here. It’s your list, not mine, or anyone else’s. It sounds like you might even have a pretty good list already, and maybe you just need to decide which items are the most important on that list.

Then it’s just a question of quality or quantity. Do you buy just one item for your $15k that is the nicest you can afford? Or do you spread it around and buy 10 or 20 items from your list that are lower quality?

In some ways, that might be just as important a question to figure out. And if you’re looking to invest for a return, there are good arguments for both sides. But I would argue for buying one piece that is the nicest that you can afford with your budget, particularly if you’re going to buy popular players from popular issues.

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel