View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 07:44 PM
G.r.eg M@r.t.i.n

Rick, great work.

I should have concluded my response by saying that our post office has been top notch in their scanning since that incident involving my twenty-something dollar card nearly two years ago (around Christmas).

But more about that day for FYI only: Our mail carrier confirmed she could not have delivered the package to our neighborhood at that time of day and subsequently pointed at a house across the street from mine saying they had a package lost too. Well, unbeknownst to her, that was my in-law's house, and during a subsequent conversation with them, they did not have a package that had been lost. I spoke to several people at the P.O., including the very helpful post master. The seller did not refund my money and the card never arrived. The seller, who said he mailed the E90-1 in an 8 x 10 envelope, ceased posting when I became active in his thread. Someone, can't remember who, said he could have mailed a flyer or something and had it scanned. It was a good deal on a PSA 2 E90 at the time, so who knows.

And as for Waste Management, they've gotten better too, even got out of the truck on one occasion, possibly two. Several years ago I ran after one of their trucks with a large box, requesting him to stop so I could throw it in the truck. He reluctantly stopped, raised up from his reclined position, looked at me and said no, it would clutter up his truck. Your garbage truck, I asked, as I slung the box in the truck.

Sorry, very happy with the service from these two since, but a previous poster's account of his package getting scanned as delivered, after being re-routed or something, revived some memories.