View Single Post
Old 02-06-2024, 08:23 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

I've only built one successful set, an E98 Master which is 4 sets. I just dove in the deep end, built a spread sheet and fell on the generosity of many members here who helped me. Took me 17 months start to finish, got some deals, also overpaid when I had to. The difference between pre and post is if you're building a pre war set you have to grab the cards at whatever price when they come up. Some cards may not appear for years. I have huge respect for anybody working on a pre war set greater than 30 cards.

Choose your project wisely, make sure it's challenging but also within your budget(esque). I'm currently working on 2 E-sets, won't ever attempt a set of more than 30 cards as I'm a type collector but pre war sets tend to suck you in over time. Make whatever set you build aesthetically pleasing, don't mix 7's and 3's, don't buy ugly cards.

Above all, collect what inspires you, that's the only thing that will keep your nose to the grindstone to finish, a well curated pre-war set is one of the most beautiful things to see in our hobby.

Good luck!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-

Last edited by Casey2296; 02-06-2024 at 09:01 PM.