Thread: Insurance
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Default Insurance

Posted By: James Gallo

I have a dealer policy with them. Over the past 2 years I have had to file 2 claims.

One was around $1200 worth of stuff that was stolen from me at a show. They rep was a dick and wasn't going to accept ebay as proof of value. After I put in a call I had my check about 7-10 days later.

The second claim was a shipment that paypal pulled the funds back on me. It was $250 or so and they covered everything except the shipping costs. Again I got a check quickly.

I do believe they changed the parent company so there is a deductible for me at least of either 250 or 500 I forget.

Regardless I think they are reasonable and I have never heard of anyone having a problem with them.

I also really like the fact they don't make you keep a inventory except of items valued at over $5000.

I would certainly use CIA over any others.

As another side note, I actually did a loss claim for Chub, and they seem like they may be good as well, but this is more towards the 6 figure+++ collections. If you got something under a million I think CIA is the way to go.

James G

Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.