View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 10:16 PM
Kenny Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collect Equity View Post
So I've been thinking about this and I feel like trying to stop people from bidding is a losing battle because there is always a buyer/flipper/shiller who will prop the prices up.

So where you need to stop it is at the consignment level. I think most people like me who won't stop bidding because we don't want to miss a card we've been hunting for years, would be willing to not consign.

So let's start a petition and collect signatures of people who vow not to consign with PWCC. Something like:

We the undersigners will not consign with PWCC until Brent Huigens allows an independent 3rd party auditing company hired by a GoFundMe campaign to audit his full records of:
a) all payments to / from Gary Moser,
b) all consignments from Gary Moser,
c) all email interaction to / from Gary Moser,
d) all text messages to / from Gary Moser
e) all shipping records to / from Gary Moser.
f) all PWCC ebay accounts
g) all PWCC submitted cards for grading (PSA, BGS, SGC)
h) all communication with other dealers / collectors related to Gary Moser cards

This 3rd party will then state their opinion of:
1) Did PWCC know that Moser washed cards
2) Did PWCC know that Moser trimmed / colored cards
3) Was PWCC giving Moser hints about which cards to buy based upon their opinion of which would be cleaned easier
4) Was PWCC giving Moser cards special treatment with High-End labels
5) Was PWCC influencing bidders to bid on Moser treated cards
6) Did PWCC receive extra kick-backs or pay out Moser cards different than other sellers
7) Did PWCC knowingly shill bid or allow shill bidding on Moser cards
8) Did PWCC submit cards to PSA on behalf of Moser
9) Did PWCC send cards to Moser for cleaning
10) Was there any other unethical behavior in PWCC and Moser's relationship
11) Did PWCC shill bid their own auctions
12) Did PWCC sell their own cards

Until we get an answer on this, we the undersigners commit to not consign with PWCC:
Name or Alias, Ebay ID, Net54 ID, Blowout ID, PSA Registry ID, Collectors Universe ID, etc.
[We will collect any given of the above info]

If we as a community seek to get every member of Net54, Blowout, PSA Registry, Collectors Universe, etc. to sign up, it might put pressure on Brent to allow a 3rd party audit.

Maybe we could even start a GoFundMe and advertise the boycott on Net54 and other sites where PWCC has banners
Its a lot easier than that for me. I will not ever bid again with PWCC. Since I have never consigned, nor will I, that part is easy. About a week ago, PWCC had some cards that had been on my want list for years, but I just wasn't going to do that. After I made that decision, I slept well that night and did not worry at all about not winning the cards. Those cards are now someone else's problem.

If others feel differently, that's their call, but for me, stuff doesn't and shouldn't trump everything. I want to have some level of respect for the seller if I'm going to shell out a bunch of money for a card, or at least not detest their ethics, and I also want to have some degree of confidence that the card I am purchasing is actually what it purports to be. With PWCC, I no longer have either. I can wait. If I have to wait for a while, I can live with that. What I can't live with is buying from someone who I am now convinced is not on the up and up. So I'm done. Life's too short for that BS.