View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 06:15 PM
David Peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Ethics imbues all aspects of your life: if you really hold those values you don't compartmentalize. i don't sometimes cheat people. I try not to cheat anyone regardless of whether it is a law client or an eBay purchaser.

Your last paragraph makes me feel sorry for you. I was treated very well by quite a few local card dealers when I was a kid. They went out of their way to help me, answered questions, and gave me deals on cards. That you never had that sort of good experience in the hobby as a kid goes a long way to explaining your 'I got mine and the rest of the world be damned' attitude about collecting.
Having a card dealer want to give you 50 cents on the dollar for your cards that you just pulled out of packs but also wants to sell you packs at full price is what was the norm in my experience but that has had no bearing on my outlook in life.

I view cards as one big scavenger hunt. They are out there and you have to find them. All of the economics courses I took when I was younger is what has shaped my views the most in all aspects of life.