View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donscards View Post
I set up at the National and shows on the East Coast---I only take Cash, Paypal and checks from people I know or with Good references. I do lose some sales, but the same card will sell at a later date. I do have many high priced cards and trust me, buyers do bring a lot of cash. Many dealers will take up to 50K in cash . I do get stopped at the airport, not for the cash, but for the encapsulated cards that cause an alert for some reason. I then have to explain what I have and that I am selling them at a show. Cash is still King and I don't know of any guys that have been robbed at the National due to cash (other than cards being stolen from showcases)
Don, you are the reason I take cash to shows now! A few years back, Don had a great card I wanted but I didn’t have the cash and he didn’t know me to accept a check (plus I didn’t have a check on me). I didn’t get the card. At the National a few months later, I rolled in and bought a pretty 51 bowman mays from Don, all cash. There have been other times I have missed out on cards from other dealers bc I didn’t have cash, or I had to leave a cash deposit and send a check later, which sucks. Cash is king. You get better deals with cash and everyone accepts it.