View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 01:48 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
Two graders can have very different opinions on the same card. Often a card can be graded EOT then the next time get a grade.
I am not upset about the grade as I could care less what a card comes back as. My function in getting cards slabbed is more for display than value and the card was only a $60 card so in the big scheme of things, the grade really did not hurt the value of the card in my opinion but it is hard to see why something would go from being a PSA 4 to only authentic in a SGC slab. I do not plan on resubmitting it as it would not be worth the time and effort. Fortunately on the submission I also submittted my E121-80 Frank Baker and it came back a SGC 40 which I was happy with. I would have been really pissed if that one had not crossed over as this version is very rare and it is a high dollar card. I did have to call SGC and tell them that this is the Frank Baker version of the card and not the J Franklin Baker version as they had originally had listed in my submission. I would not have been happy if the card came back mislabled.

Last edited by kmac32; 01-30-2016 at 01:53 PM.