View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Cameron Crafton

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post
There's a link to the auction on my first post, but it's probably going to expire soon.. so here are the pics.
Attachment 106217Attachment 106214Attachment 106219

I will add, I've been collecting since early childhood and am definitely not blind or naive in regards to scammers. My best friend's brother worked at a shop as a kid and was asked to sort through packs to pull Mattingly rookies, etc, before resealing them... but that said, I still maintain a very positive attitude toward collecting/my collection/etc and it remains fun as ever for me. I truly hope I never succumb to a doomsday mind set that everyone is out to screw everyone, and all TPG's suck, blah blah. If it gets to that point I'll probably have stopped collecting.

Some people scam, some cards are trimmed, some cards are fakes, and all TPGs make some mistakes, but if I have little/no proof that someone is scamming here, I prefer not to make accusations (even if I have strong suspicions). I also want to add, I've bought several items from Probstein and have been very happy. It should be noted that he apparently pulled this item shortly after this thread was started.
I have PSA 5's that look nicer than that card. I'm sure it's not the seller trying to deceive anybody though, looks more like a grading error by PSA which is entirely possible.

Also as you said, he pulled the card. Maybe he realized that there was no way the card was a 7 and is sending it back to get regraded.