View Single Post
Old 04-22-2023, 08:18 PM
Al Stein

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Because I will break the slab and free the card inside as soon as it arrives, so I don’t care at all if the slab is damaged or tampered or fake. I don’t need an opinion seller to validate it is their opinion and risk them killing a deal that I of my own free will have chosen to make.

They review the slab and are supposed to ensure that the item matches the description and auction. Even the later can be useless or an outright bad thing for me. Example, I bought a very rare boxing card last month, in a set where 2 boxers have similar names. One of them is an extreme hobby rarity, one of them is worth maybe 2% as much. My winning bid was $3,381 plus tax and shipping. The listing accidentally names the card as the cheap one, but the photos made clear which card it is. It was absolutely listed wrong, and so PSA could reject it against the wishes of both buyer and seller. Thankfully they don’t know the difference and let me have my card, but it’s a process that at the best ads delay and at worst can unilaterally nix deals for me.
Greg, we all know what you think, you've told us all about your hustle 100 times now. I am really sorry for you that ebay doesn't let you take advantage of ignorant sellers like they used to. Hopefully you can find some other way to do that.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk