View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 07:41 AM
Tony Ooten

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
I apologize in advance if there has been a thread on this, but what do you guys think is the reason for the prices on T206s? I see Cards that are in AWFUL condition going 10-15.00 a piece across the board, and even mid grade ones, (graded or not) going for what I feel are high prices.

Does anyone have a theory for this phenomena, or are people just so desperate to own them that they sometimes throw all rationale aside?
I think it may have more to do with people trying to "complete" the set in any condition (Be it 518,520,522) and like Jim said, there seem to be ALOT of people working on the set.

Everyone's definitions of AWFUL may vary, but I'm pretty sure I've bought a few t206's in the $10-$15 range at which alot of people would scoff. I do have some standards, but they are pretty low.

That being said, with my personal definition of AWFUL, I usually pass or maybe I'll go $6 or $7 depending on how I feel at a given time.

There also have been cards that pop up on ebay, I put on watch list thinking- That looks like one I will win for $10 to $15, then it flies by $15 easily. No problem, it will show up again.

When I reach 500/524, I expect I will be more impatient!

Last edited by tonyo; 07-07-2011 at 07:48 AM. Reason: not Ivy league, but I think I ended a sentance with a preposition