View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 07:16 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Interesting point Dan, because if I remember correctly the well known Just So Burkett was restored using a different card for its border, and it's also in an AUTHENTIC-ALTERED holder. But something is different with these two examples.

It's pretty clear what was done to the Burkett, and anyone owning it should know it's the product of two different cards. But in the case of the green Cobb/Cycle, wouldn't one assume that the card was issued with a Cycle back and then some alteration took place after the fact?

I believe with Burkett PSA made a conscious decision with its designation; in the case of the Cobb they made a bad mistake. My opinion is neither one should reside in a slab.

Barry Sloate said it best here back in Post #8......

" My opinion is neither one should reside in a slab. "

These re-fronted creations are no longer an original T206 (as printed 100+ years ago). Assigning them the status of "Altered" does not cut it (excuse the pun).
What do we have here, TPG people now trying to be "lawyers", so they can cover their a$$'s ?

Crack these phony cards out of their plastic and burn them. Better yet, save yourself the trouble of cracking them open.....just take an axe to the plastic and
shatter it into 100 fragments.