View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 05:54 PM
J@son M1ller

I spoke to David Kohler about it once and offered to buy the card to get it out of circulation after speaking to Joe Orlando. I was going to have it in hand and look at it along with some hobby friends including the guys at T206Resource.com to figure out exactly what to look for as others of the same type will inevitably end up in the hobby and most likely will not make the mistake of front back combo mismatch.

David entertained my call the first time but then ignored several follow up calls and never returned my requests.

Joe's position is that they will not holder these cards in future but that in this case the card was holdered as Authentic and they reholdered it as ALTERED as a courtesy to SCP this one time. Joe said that it technically is authentic as Dan states. But, he said that he doesn't think we'll see these sorts of cards in PSA's holders in the future. I took that with a grain of salt. I pointed out some things that fellow collectors have singled out and that PSA should look out for which I think they took notice of but only time will tell.

edited to add:

I went back through my emails and the correspondence. David and I emailed 3 times and spoke once. The cards in question had various things on the flip like trimmed, authentic, altered, etc. When they were sent back to Joe for reholdering, Joe agreed to place the catch-all "Altered" on all of the cards so that they all fell under the same umbrella. I mentioned that they were rebacked cards because they were impossible combos, etc. and I think David and Joe were comfortable that the "Altered" tag covered that problem as well. I disagreed and in my phone conversation with Joe, he said that he didn't think I'd see any similar cards in PSA holders in future.

So, my timeline is that I contacted SCP, then Joe and then went back to talk to David to try and obtain the card and follow up and that's when I received no further response. Just wanted to update so that I'm as accurate as possible with what the course of events was. All of this happened in mid-March of 2012. Emails are dated March 13th and phone calls were hot on the heels of those emails.

Last edited by Jaybird; 05-25-2012 at 06:17 PM.