View Single Post
Old 01-14-2024, 08:58 AM

If I'm wrong about the straightedge, a question I'd have is: did you place a Post-It on the front of the card in the area under where he signed his first name? Lots of people do this when sending into signings to indicate where they want the card signed. If so, was it slightly askew as his autograph is? Could be a case of them not taking the confounded Post-It off before he started signing. I've certainly seen this happen time and again, if not worse: the player actually signs partially on the Post-It! It would definitely make sense if that's what you did, as we know that Aaron favored signing the RC below his image as opposed to where yours was signed.

Note to EVERYBODY: When sending in to signings, unless the promoter is very specific about adding a Post-It to the front, it would be wise to reconsider doing so. I know I've had issues as a result, as has practically everyone else I know at one time or another. Safer to figure out another method, such as sending a printout of your items with mock "signature/inscription(s)" in the area you want your piece(s) signed, and with whatever color ink/marker you want used. Some promoters don't want the supposed "headache" of toting around the extra paperwork. To them, I say, it's your job. Deal with it.

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 01-14-2024 at 09:02 AM.