View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Ja,mie B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetwoohsix View Post
Thanks Scott, I appreciate the support.

cysemour, I knew you wouldn't watch the film The funny thing about it, is that I am a registered Democrat. So much for the "extreme right wing gun nut" theory And, I am not "extreme" at all, I've never even been to a "protest" before

I admit, I don't feel I identify with either Democrat or Republican 100%, I think I will label myself an "Independant" from now on. I will vote for someone based on their "values" and not because someone belongs to a particular party.The "two party system" keeps the country divided, and people no longer are willing to hold someone accountable if they belong to "their party", which is truly shameful.

The video is non-partisan, you may want to give it a look.

Sincerely, Clayton
Ninety minutes for a homemade video is a lot to ask, even a non-partisan one.

Never would have guessed you were a registered Democrat, lol. The two-party system probably does keep the country divided, our system is unlike most democracies were there are many different parties and parties are able to combine votes to form a coalition.

One thing I will say is that too often people belong to a political party and are simply told what to think by the leaders of that political party. At times that can be good, but other times it can be bad. For instance, Republicans not believing in global warming despite the overwhelming scientific evidence, or Democratic support for some failed goverment programs like school busing, ethanol, etc.