View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender07 View Post
I actually wouldn't have a problem with the scenario you proposed. I think this is more muddy. So I go out and put a bid on the Mantle on the Iconic site but you hit the BIN on ebay; now what? I'm sure the auction rules state that my bid is binding.
I would not disagree. Your bid is binding as to your obligation. Think of your scenario in a different way. You enter a bid on the auction, say $697.85 on the last night of bidding. I see it on ebay with a buy it now after you enter your bid. I buy it for $750.00. Your bid is not topped and the auction runs its course. You think you've won the auction and once you pay you will be the proud owner of a nice 'rookie era' Mantle signature. You go to the website and see that your top bid did not reach the 'hidden reserve'. You cannot do much about that. A week later, I am now in possession of MY 'rookie era' Mantle and I post a scan of it in the 'April pickups' on Net54. You see it and say what the *&#$%%. You drop me a nice PM asking about it and I tell you that I purchased it as a buy it now on ebay on April -fill in the date. This is the same day you entered what you thought was your winning bid on the auction site. From my perspective that would suck eggs. And since I own it Nyah, nyah!!!

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 04-02-2014 at 07:38 PM.