View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 02:27 PM
Andrew Aronstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClyde View Post
Hello, Andrew. I have another possible TCMA question for you. Did TCMA have anything to do with the Sports Photo Association 3" pin back buttons that were issued starting in 1978? I recently posted about the set on my blog as I attempted to compile the checklist, and someone commented that TCMA had supplied photos for Fleer's 1981 baseball set. Lots of those photos also appear on SPA buttons from the same time period.

Admittedly I haven't really done much research on this subject, I've just been trying to compile the checklist for the set. But if you (or anyone else here) could shine any light on this I would greatly appreciate it.
Jason, I just looked at your blog post and read the comment at the bottom. My gut tells me TCMA was not involved with these but I will dig deeper. Regarding the comment at the bottom, it's true that TCMA was the exclusive distributor for Donruss in 1981. Those buttons may have been advertised in Baseball Quarterly and sold through TCMA but that does not necessarily mean TCMA helped produce them. Will get back to you this evening .