View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Default OT- But wanted to say thanks

Posted By: EcardCollector

Compared to many on this forum i am relatively new to vintage card collecting. However since taking the torch i've spent atleast a couple hours everyday reading, learning, and bidding on nothing but pre-war. Prior to that I enjoyed collecting cards casually of all different makes, years, and really had no favorites. I've made the decision and have started to liquidate virtually all my 1960(much of which is past 5 years) and above cards to make funds avalable for my vintage baseball collection. In the couple months i've picked up dozens of E and T cards and several HOF's, tremendously satisfying start! Just wanted to say thanks to all you guys who have shown me the light! I dont know if i would have ever taken to it as i have, or known about all the scarce sets and different backs, error cards, etc. that make this hobby so fascinating and fun. hmm a rare E card or a 5 color patch, lol, tough one! Now if I can just buy up everything before everyone else collecting sports cards figures this out! Thanks especially to warshawlaw, Judge Dred, Jeff Lichtman, jay behrens, T206Collector, cmoking, BcD, JK, Leon, Ted Zanidakis, Hal Lewis, JimB, barry arnold, and ofcourse barrysloate. I find many of your guy's posts informative, keep it up and thanks again!
-Dylan