View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 04:05 PM

Hi Graig--

I think your work is stunning, and I would be interested in buying or commissioning a piece at some point in the future.

If I were to do so, I would only do it if I could see your work in person first--and I'm much more likely to attend the National than to go to any one specific art gallery. And a little window to my soul and budget--I would probably never spend more than $7500 on any single sports item. That's really my ceiling (now) on fun stuff to put in my house. I'm sure you can create something worth more (and justify the price), but that's too rich for me.

The National has enough high-dollar sports collectors/investors in attendance that I think it would be worthwhile to show your work, understanding that most people didn't go there looking for art. Still, if someone saw something really cool this year, maybe you planted a seed in their head, and that will turn into a sale next year.

Regarding the smaller, less expensive pieces--you're certainly opening yourself up to a much larger group of collectors. I can't think of any reason not to offer them for sale, and $599 seems like a very good price for an original piece of art by someone with your skill.