View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 07:48 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilko G View Post
if they exaggerate the prices of these Baseball cards you gotta really wonder how much they exaggerate the prices of the other "treasures" they find in these storage units?

I also gotta wonder why so many people just abandon all these high priced, rare items in these storage lockers? Like the episode where they found all the rare coins and silver pieces. Its not like someone couldn't have just kept those in their junk drawer instead of putting them in a storage unit. I can understand people abandoning their "garbage" in these storage units, but why are people leaving all those valuable items in there? I'm thinking a lot of these great "finds" on these shows are more than likely all staged, just to make the show more interesting.

Oh, I'm sure most if not all prices are greatly exaggerated. Still, it looks like there's the opportunity for some pretty good turnover. I don't think it's a coincidence most of these guys bidding on these units own consignment and retail shops and the means to move a lot of this type of stuff.

I'm betting a lot of these abandoned storage units belonged to people who are now deceased and the remaining estates either don't know about the units or find out too late. Probably a lot of bankruptcy cases to. You can't pay your bill, maybe the facility cuts off your access to remove stuff from the unit.

It does seem a bit shady that these storage facilities can just sell off your stuff after only three months. Probably written in the fine prints of these contracts.

I'm sure they don't also show that a large majority of these are duds, otherwise it wouldn't make sense that the auction company doesn't let you look through the material before you buy. It probably works out better for them that way.

Last edited by D. Bergin; 12-15-2010 at 07:49 AM.