View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Default Which Aspect of BB Cards Is Your Passion?

Posted By: john/z28jd

My favorite aspect of vintage cards is just getting a bunch of them together,laying them out on the floor and then listening to them talk about baseball back in the day,some of the old judge players memories are foggy but you still get some good stories out of them. I remember this one time i put a Pirates player( i wont say who to protect him) in the middle of a few Giants players then started saying stuff about how bad the Giants were and they got angry and surrounded the one Pirates player and were about to hand out a terrible beating on him when all of a sudden i put 18 Pirates cards around the Giants players and they got their New York butts handed to them! The mascot on my Ewing/mascot card hasnt been seen to this day but i have noticed that the Pirates uniforms have never looked so white!

It is also fun to have doubles of a player and while hes in the middle of a story and everyones paying close attention to him,just take out the double and have it walk past the crowd just to see his reaction. Thats the only reason i collect old cards.Thanks for the thread Peter!