View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 02:35 PM

Default t206 "wet sheet transfer"

HELLO ALL

It's "freaky Johnny"

First and foremost , i would like to thank the professional printers here who can give great insight to the printers process....the ink compositions...the theories......the actualities....

i have a number of "wet sheet transfers"....they are very cool......some are done at the factory.....some were after factory........the particuliar example that just went over $120 is unfortunately (imo) only an "after the factory" transfer...not an "overprint"....you can tell because the after the factory are usually "askew" and have a different back transfered on the front....i have a similiar one that was just sold as this "overprint"

OVERPRINT- BIG BUCKS....WELL OVER 1K to sky is literally the limit!!!

WET SHEET(DEPENDS ON THE TYPE)-$50-120 INMO

that s a big difference....Steve....stop playing games with Gilbert!!!.....sell him or Tuck him AWAY!!! if you wanna sell him!! don't tease us on ebay, then drop the bottom out, dude, you are lame!!!i was high bidder!!! Gilbert is an underprint if everyone really wants to know....if you are fortunate to own one , then you know what i'm talking about......it really is not an '"overprint"......sgc will label "overprint" as such TO DIFERENTIATE IT OCCURED AT PRODUCTION!!!

exhibitman, iggy, steve .........

wet sheet transfers are on a card to card basis....if you have seen enough of them, then you know what i'm talking about.....

guys...im not going to bore you with symantics......

if anyone wants an opinion(yes they are like axxholes) on an under/over/wet sheet....send me a scan...i have been obsessed with them for over ten yearsprinter had to dry sheets...something to work off, who knew they would create a new breed of t206, a "chase" set if you will for the advanced, or insane collector such as myself!!
instead of posting all my examples.....i will post an "over/underprint" and a "wetstack" card done during the production ON THE SAME CARD

please don't make me any offers on mr Chance....he's staying with papa...
please , please excuse the pic, i spent all my cash on cardboard freaksLOL

p.s.

never wanting to offend anyone, but Steve, calling you out dude!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 162.jpg (75.0 KB, 508 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 161.jpg (74.7 KB, 507 views)