View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 05:45 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

“Hey Wonka….YOU PASSED THE TEST ! I threw that "Brown HINDU" Cobb out there to see how long it would take before someone caught me on this ? I took 2 hrs and 19 mins.....very slow response.”

Ted really? Come on just say I made a typo or a mistake…LOL its ok we all do it. Do you really expect me to think that this was some sort of snatch the pebble from my hand grasshopper T206 test for us little folks? I think your self appointed T206 expert status is going to your head ol’ buddy.

What I meant by the comment below I thought was clear…but happy to explain in more detail.

" In regards to Green Cobb not so sure on the 95% number perhaps you meant for the most part or in your experience unless you have add 100% of all P150 Cobb’s..."

In order to make a claim that any percentage of something is off center by any number or avg. would insinuate that you have seen 100% of something. How could that be with Green Cobb port you haven’t seen them all have you? I think some numbers and percentages get thrown around on here too much. Much of this information is taken for gospel by our newer collectors that’s why IMO we need to be more careful with information that is put on lists and listed as fact etc.

As for the reasons on why certain Cobb’s were left off Hindu’s printing runs it’s anyone’s guess. I will say that for the record it’s usually the simplest reason vs. any crazy theory of conspiracies etc.

In my business I make and produce many items, of which premium items are a big part of my business. Anytime I look at these cards I try to put my current set of production schedules from today back to 1909.

My take certain cards were not printed because the print house was simply not told too, they didn’t have the artwork or keep that close of track as to what had been printed. I have things get missed or lost off productions today in the age of computers and with dozens of SKU’s not 500+ SKU’s. It’s not surprising at all that some cards were missed, messed up or left out.

At the end of the day these guys in 1909 had one goal deliver insert premiums fish, flags, flowers, butterflies or baseball players to be shoved in packs. I would assume business ran the same back then. “I need the line to run and don’t really care what gets shoved in the packs as long as packs of smokes leave this factory to their destinations on time with some sort of promised premium enclosed.”

I’m not too sure the ATC was sweating or asking “Hey did we remember to include that Green Cobb or Cy Young….you know the one with the hand showing in this run?”

Just my take.

Cheers,

John