View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 06:26 PM
Alan Elefson

Ha! Most of the other guys are at least taller than me...

I had a great time as usual. It was great seeing you Scott, Steve, Don, and others. Unfortunately, it was just Scott and I at the meet up at noon but we will try again in April.

I found a few cool items for my collection that I will scan and post this week (the early 1900s sheet music with all of the managers and a 1922 photo with players from a world tour including a few HOFers). I also spent a great deal of time with Terry Knouse discussing Boy Scout patches of all things (he and I share the same passion for scout patches, specifically order of the arrow patches. Some of them can sell for thousands of dollars). I also sold some items I no longer wanted to several dealers (most everyone there was very hungry to buy).

My best deal came today as I went to a flea market in New Hampshire and found a group of 1880s premium cabinet photos (non-sports) for an absurdly low amount of money (less than 50.00). I brought them to the show and sold them to a collector for a fairly large (to me anyway) amount of money. It is really nice to make well over a thousand dollars in a morning's work. If I could find stuff like that every week I would not be working my regular job!

How did other folks do? Murph, I am sorry I missed meeting you there. I hope you found some great items.