Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Graig Kreindler

Here's what I was playing around with today:

The scenes from the day that Gehrig broke his streak have always had a place in my heart. Aside from the great images of Lou gazing out of the dugout longingly, they're also beautiful shots of Babe Dahlgren, his replacement at first. Being friends with Matt Dahlgren (his grandson) for so long, I've really come to appreciate the whole scenario from a different perspective. I can't imagine what it must have been like to be called upon to fill the shoes of one's idol. I can't wait to get some paintings done of that great man as well.

Anywho, this one's got a LONG way to go, but I thought Gehrig's face is starting to come together. Now I just need to block everything else in! Hopefully the client approves...

Oh, and also, VERY many thanks go out to a kind and generous man, who was nice enough to let me borrow the Matty painting to be re-photographed by my normal guys in the city. The guy I used before did an alright job, but I was never thrilled about the work. Now, I am MUCH happier with these results, as this scan is more true to the original painting.

Again, thank you SO much jacksons!

Hope you all enjoy. And aren't sick of these posts.

Last edited by GKreindler; 11-13-2009 at 10:11 AM.