View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Default MLB HOF RC ... Is it possible?

Posted By: Cat

Rookie HOF collecting is more than a bit tricky. I try not to get to worked up about some of the issues. Every rule I have I break since there is so much gray area.

I really don't want postcards (although I have Gehrigs 1925 since it's such a sweet pose).

I collect rookies but I have a bunch of prookies (I like Zeenuts).

My only Cobb card is the T206 Green back. Not many would consider it his rookie, but I like it.

I collect HOFers but I do have Joe Jackson's e90-1 (and a National Game since I hate the e90-1 pose) and a Pete Rose rookie. I also have a Dave Kingman rookie but that's primarily in my collection so people scratch their head and ask "why's that there?"

I generally don't have cards of HOFers who are in becuase of executive/coaching status, but yet I have a Harry Wright N172 (I think he was more important than just any 'ole executive).

In the end, you have to make up your own rules. To me a rookie card is a card issued during his rookie year or before his second year. Many many players do not have such a card. To me, it then becomes less important if the card was issued during his 5th year or 7th year.

My collection makes perfect sense to me, but I am sure no one else.